SNMP with Proxmox VE

donty

Mar 31, 2009
Happily running SNMP on virtual machines on Proxmox but I wonder if anyone has stuck an SNMP agent on a host server?

We have a small cluster of 3 and I wondered if anyone has any experiences to share?

Proxmox has been brilliant and very reliable but it would be nice to bring it in to the SNMP fold so I can be sure ;)

just install snmpd and configure the snmpd daemon. It's in the debian repositories.

If you have industry-standard hardware like hp proliants you can also use the value added software from HP to monitor the host server (exactly like any other debian based hp server). I suppose there is similar software for debian and fujitsu-siemens servers or dell power edge servers, but I have no experience with those.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it really was going to be as simple as that :)

I use OpenNMS as a monitoring system and it collects SNMP data from our Dells/HPs with other Linux and Windows OS so that will be very useful here.

Many thanks for the response.

K

If you have industry-standard hardware like hp proliants you can also use the value added software from HP to monitor the host server (exactly like any other debian based hp server).

Can you please share a link to info on this software, if it's not too much trouble?

Kind regards,
Bjørn Ingmar Berg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!