SMBIOS Adjustment for motherboard information

DenisKlimek

Feb 5, 2016
Dear Users,
I would like to ask everything if there is any possibility with Proxmox/KVM known to change the values of the motherboard information in smbios. I know that is already possible to modify the system information, but I'am also looking for an option to change the motherboard values aswell.

Example:

description: Computer
product: X7SBL
vendor: Supermicro
version: 0123456789
serial: 0123456789
width: 32 bits
capabilities: smbios-2.5 dmi-2.5
configuration: administrator_password=disabled boot=oem-specific frontpanel_password=unknown keyboard_password=unknown power-on_password=disabled uuid=123123123123
*-core
description: Motherboard
physical id: 0

That's all right now what it is. Changing the above values does not have any effect on the *core ones.
I'am missing following options for the "*-core" part:

product:
vendor:
version:
serial:

Thank you,
Denis

I was working with a Proxmox server earlier this week so I had a little play with the .CONF files.

I used this to add SLP in Proxmox:
Code:
Code:
args: -smbios type=0,vendor=<SLP>,version=<SLP>,date=<SLP>,release=1.0

Last edited:
To add both SLP and SLIC to Proxmox, I added them both together:
Code:
Code:
args: -acpitable sig=SLIC,file=/PATH_TO_SLIC/SLIC.BIN -smbios type=0,vendor=<SLP>,version=<SLP>,date=<SLP>,release=1.0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!