skipping ESP sync

Chopper7729

Jan 17, 2024
When I run the command: proxmox-boot-tool refresh.

I get No /etc/kernel/proxmox-boot-uuids found, skipping ESP sync.

Why is that the case? This is a new drive and bare-metal install. Thanks! I have searched online and I can't find anything about it

It looks like grub-efi-amd64 is recommended for non zfs root, but mine seems fine if I run update-grub after editing /etc/default/grub kernel parameters even though it looks like I've booted in efi and I get the same message as you when I run proxmox-boot-tool refresh
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/u...-efi-amd64-meta-package-not-installed.137324/
I'm not sure what's going on and it's not clear if the recommendation only applied to old systems upgraded from pve 6.4 but I noticed that update-grub doesn't apply the hooks in /etc/kernel while apt upgraded etc. do

Yeah well I was trying to do GPU pass through and I just needed to get past this command and if I remember correctly I need to choose ZFS. I eventually managed to get the pass through to work. But yeah I could never get the command to work on EXT4 though. Is really weird, as you said I have no idea what's causing that. Like it was a whole new computer that I just built, everything new and stuff, and I still had the message. Although the ram I got, i eventually found out just a few days ago that the ram is faulty and I had to get new ram so maybe possibly something with that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!