Simple SDN zone IPv6 HowTo?

renne

Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

we want to setup Simple SDN zones with IPv6 but can't find any documentation about how to configure SLAAC or DHCPv6 for a Simple SDN zone in the WebUI.

Goal:
Netcup-VPS with two public static IPv4 addresses and two public static IPv6/64 prefixes -> Headscale VPN -> Proxmox VE node -> SDN zone.

One public static IPv4 address and one public static IPv6/64 prefix are used for the VPS itself and the other public static IPv4 address/IPv6/64 prefix shall be routed into a Proxmox VE SDN zone called "dmz". The Headscale coordinator and a Tailscale node are running on the VPS and another Tailscale node is running on the Proxmox VE host.
One public static IPv4 address and one public static IPv6/64 prefix are routed to the tailscale0 network device on the Proxmox host.

Dnsmasq supports DHCPv6/SLAAC/Router-Advertisement but how does it have to be configured for Simple SDN zones in the Proxmox WebUI?

Thanx for any Hint :)

Last edited:
Similar issue here. I have a /40 prefix but I'm unable to set up dnsmasq to assign DHCPv6 or SLAAC.
Using the similar config as IPv4, I got:
Code:
prefix length must be at least 64 at line 3 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/simple/10-simple1.conf
and for dnsmasq config:
Code:
dhcp-range=set:simple-2602:F9B1:1::-48,2602:F9B1:1::,static,48,infinite

In my case, I prefer to use SLAAC. So I manually set dnsmasq config to:
Code:
dhcp-range=set:simple-2602:F9B1:1::-48,2602:F9B1:1::,ra-only,48h
I can get an IPv6 address in VM, but the traffic doesn't go through.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!