Show all VM Screens

charon

Nov 30, 2008
hi,

i usally use proxmox for virtualizing Linux Servers that actually do not need any GUI.

Now i got an idea for another project to use proxmox, also.
For this project several house automation services have to be run under a windows OS.
My first thought was to run a Windows server and give away user credentials for all participating companies and their administrators.
The next thought was to virtualize several Desktop computers and border the users' impacts.
Bot the problem is, that nearly all need to display information continuously.

How can i display all Desktops or specific Programs on one big monitor screen?
Shall i use another linux virtual machine and connect remotely via VNC?
I need something like a KVM switch for all VMs.

Any ideas?

hi,

i usally use proxmox for virtualizing Linux Servers that actually do not need any GUI.

Now i got an idea for another project to use proxmox, also.
For this project several house automation services have to be run under a windows OS.
My first thought was to run a Windows server and give away user credentials for all participating companies and their administrators.
The next thought was to virtualize several Desktop computers and border the users' impacts.
Bot the problem is, that nearly all need to display information continuously.

How can i display all Desktops or specific Programs on one big monitor screen?
Shall i use another linux virtual machine and connect remotely via VNC?
I need something like a KVM switch for all VMs.

Any ideas?

Proxmox VE has a integrated console (also working for windows). so just open the console on you desktop OS. But maybe I did not understand your question ...!?

There are several monitoring programs running on each VM.
so i would like to display all desktop on one screen.
i think the only way is to start VNC services on each desktop and run a vnc client on the monitoring screen.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!