Setting up HA: deleted nodes showing as master/LRM

leccelecce

Mar 7, 2023
I originally set up my proxmox cluster with 3 nodes: proxmox1, proxmox2, proxmox3. This cluster had high availability set up.

Later on I added some newer hardware to the same cluster, creating pmx4, pmx5 and pmx6. I then shut down the original proxmox1, proxmox2, proxmox3 and used pvecm delnode proxmox1, 2, 3 to remove them from the new ones..

Removing the old nodes seems to have worked everywhere in the cluster, *except* in the HA tab. For some reason, the original proxmox1 is still showing as the master, and nodes 1 and 2 are both showing as having the LRM running.

1678223499598.png

I did find /etc/pve/local/lrm_status but confusingly on proxmox4 for example this just contains the below, which isn't reflected in the UI anywhere.

Code:
{"mode":"active","state":"wait_for_agent_lock","results":{},"timestamp":1678223702}

I have had a dig through the /etc/pve directory but can't obviously see where this config exists. Can anyone suggest how I can reset the HA subsystem to get it working on the new nodes 4,5,6?

Thank you in advance for any support

Last edited:
Hi,
do you have any active HA services? Otherwise, the information here is not updated unfortunately. You can just add a HA service and wait for an hour or so until the old nodes are considered dead. Then the information here should be updated.

Do you have left-over directories for the deleted nodes in /etc/pve/nodes?

If you do have active HA services, please post the output of the following:
Code:
pveversion -v
ha-manager status -v
cat /etc/pve/ha/manager_status

Thank you Fiona, adding an active HA service solved it! I was nervous of doing that in case the old config caused problems but it's working fine. The old nodes vanished a short while agter.

Many thanks for your assistance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!