Server Crash while using PCI passthrough

speedgaze

Sep 15, 2021
Hi

We are observing frequent crashes of Proxmox PVE when using with PCI Passthrough for NVIDIA GPUs. Below is the error we get on console
1714111257164.png
Trying to get more telemetry data to help us understand this better, but can someone throw some light on this?

We are observing frequent crashes of Proxmox PVE when using with PCI Passthrough for NVIDIA GPUs. Below is the error we get on console
View attachment 67002
Trying to get more telemetry data to help us understand this better, but can someone throw some light on this?
Since you are breaking the virtualization barrier with PCI(e) passthrough, the VM can take down the Proxmox host (via the shared PCIe bus) when a driver or device malfunctions.
Unfortunately, I have no idea why your crash happens and I don't see any useful information on the screenshot to search the internet for. If this happens a lot, you might try (temporarily) using a different GPU (or even test and/or replace other hardware parts such a memory) to see if this help isolating the isssue.

Looks like a kernel panic to me.
Try grab a kernel crash dump from host or guest and see if you can find more useful info there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!