Sending Mail from External Software/Client (PMG, Exchange 19)

Sep 17, 2020
Hello,

I have a problem with sending Mails from an external Software, using my info@ mail address. PMG blocks the mail, here is the message from the Tracking Center:

Sep 16 10:12:25 antispam postfix/smtpd[88875]: connect from kunden.xx.de[xx.245.2.xx]
Sep 16 10:12:25 antispam postfix/smtpd[88875]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from kunden.xx.de[87.245.2.254]: 554 5.7.1 <fxxx.ackmann@xxx.com>: Relay access denied; from=<info@xxxxx-xxxx.de> to=<fxxx.ackmann@xxx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<ku-ts04>
Sep 16 10:12:25 antispam postfix/smtpd[88875]: disconnect from kunden.xx.de[xx.245.2.xx] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=4/5

What do I need to configure?

It's a software wich runs in a data center, we connect through a RDP connection, and in the software we've added the Logins for the mail user info@xxxx-xxx.de
The used port in the software is 25 smtp.

In the background we've a Exchange 2019, where the Sending-Connector is the domain from info@xxxx-xxx.de

Have anybody some help?

* is xxx.com from <fxxx.ackmann@xxx.com> a relay domain? (i.e. one for which PMG accepts mail?) if not PMG will only relay mail to an external domain if it receives the mail on its internal port (26)...

I hope this helps!

In this case this is the receiver mail address, for testing it's my buisness mail address. In normal case it's the receivers mail, for example a customer.
From this tool we send e.g. Invoices.
So fxxx.ackmann@xxx.com could be any mail address in the www.

So you mean I have to set the configuration in the external Software to send on port 26?

So you mean I have to set the configuration in the external Software to send on port 26?
yes - if you want to relay to outside addresses you need to use the internal port

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!