secondary iface not being used?

lejeczek

Dec 25, 2023
Hi guys.
I've only set up a backup server which at installation time had just a single iface and when given a second iface, configured no routing, the server does not seem to want to use that iface.
When trying to add such server to a PVE while pointing to that second-new IP, it fails with backup server being inaccessible - and indeed backup server does not listen on 8007 on that iface.
That must be something trivial I'm missing - what would that be?
many thanks, L.

Nope.
If shuffle the gateway around, then 8007 becomes available on that second iface but, intermittently, which iface seems otherwise fine, I'm ssh in via that iface.
Also I wonder, how much DNS is at play here - it seems that iface with the gateway has to be the on to which FQDN resolves to, if one uses hostnames for webui.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!