Samba Storage becomes unavailable

Claiyc

Aug 14, 2023
Hi there! I recently added a Hetzner Storage Box as new SMB/CIFS Storage to my pve environment. Everything worked out fine so far, however after a few days the storage becomes unavailable on the pve host. Manually disabling & re-enabling the storage does not fix the issue, only a full reboot does (but then after a few days it becomes unavailable again).
I suspect this may be related to https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-losing-connection-with-cifs-storage.101053/ however I don't have any "msg.lock" like described in that issue.
Any help would be appreciated:)

Manually mounting and specifying the SMB version seems to solve the issue (at least for now, let's see if it becomes unavailable again): mount -t cifs //<server_ip>/<share> /mnt/<mountpoint> -o vers=2.0

I got exactly same problem: aded via proxmox gui StorrageBox CIFS mount became offline after few days, i found only solution is to #umount /mnt/pve/StorrageBox after this command its became online in few seconds.

I think it want some king of keep session alive ping command or something.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!