Rulesets or spamassian rules?

What is the difference of using builtin rulesets from gui or spamassian rules custom /etc/mail/spamassassin/custom.cf ? Performance / usage / easy to manage?
They simply do different things..
* With a rule you can decide what happens exactly with the mail - based on the Action you select
* With a custom spamassassin configuration you can increase or decrease the Spam Score of a mail (by creating appropriate rules) - which you need to use in the rulesystem to do something with mails matching this score

I hope this explains it

Thank you but I can also block mails with SA rules. So should I use actions for sure actions like blocking, and use SA rules for small header score adds. ?
Also, should I think of adding additional SA channels / custom rules ? Or actions frum gui is all ok for.?

Thank you but I can also block mails with SA rules.
What config would you use for this?

So should I use actions for sure actions like blocking, and use SA rules for small header score adds. ?
Depends on what you gain form using SA rules - one upside of using the rule-system is that it's available in the GUI - and can be comfortably edited there...

Also, should I think of adding additional SA channels / custom rules ? Or actions frum gui is all ok for.?
You can add other SA channels (which ones would you have in mind - as we're always curious if there is something out there which would make spamdetection better for everyone - but apart from the KAM ruleset (which is included) nothing is known that really helps)

- What config would you use for this?
I can set high scores in sa rules and let pmg mark it as spam or even block mail.

I wanted add spamassassin.heinlein-support.de channel (not sure if it good idea yet, here it was mentioned, you can also share your ideas about it) but I could not. Because I could not find its instructions like Kam ruleset as mentioned here.
But if I want a channel that I like to add, I think I will not be able to as it must be added with method above?

Last edited:
I can set high scores in sa rules and let pmg mark it as spam or even block mail.
but that is what I mean - you need to use the rule-system to do something with a mail - this is nothing you can do in SpamAssassin

Reactions: ozgurerdogan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!