rsync over ssh and vzdump

sbonneau

Dec 11, 2010
Hello,

I've been using ProxmoxVE for 2 years nows in still same Version (package/version/build)pve-manager/1.8/6070 and Version du noyau Linux 2.6.32-4-pve #1 SMP Mon May 9 12:59:57 CEST 2011.

Is it possible to backup my VMs ( 5 KVM windows and 1 OpenVZ debian ) directly on a remote storage with Rsync over ssh ??

Here is detail of my virtual environment :

My VMs ( 5 kvm windows servers and 1 openvz debian ) are stored in a Raid-5 stack partitionned in simple ext3 fs.

Thus, i can't use snapshots for KVM. (Such a shame)

I make a local backup (2 To ext2 hdd fs) with my own scripts , and a synchronize all tgz images with rsync over ssh on distant NAS storage.

Performances results : 1 h local backup per 25 Gb KVM, 3 minutes for OpenVZ, and for remote rsync equal..

Iwould like to increase performance of my backup method...

Many thanks,
Stephane

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!