Restore error

omnia

Sep 25, 2019
Hi there,
when I tried to restore a backup in Proxmox 6.0-4 I have the following error

VM is locked (create).

This happens from command line ad GUI.

The backup is from an older version of Proxmox.
Is that the problem?

Thanks for you attention.
bye.

when I tried to restore a backup in Proxmox 6.0-4 I have the following error

VM is locked (create).

This happens from command line ad GUI.

The backup is from an older version of Proxmox.
Is that the problem?

No - "locked" is the result of another task at that VM which has not finished (yet). If you are sure that there is no task running at this VM unlock it by
Code:
qm unlock <vm-id>
and then it should work

The VM doesn't exist, is created when I start the restore.
I unlocked the VM and restarted the restore, but the error is the same.
What's my mistake?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Prx_Restore.JPG
    Prx_Restore.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
The VM doesn't exist, is created when I start the restore.
I unlocked the VM and restarted the restore, but the error is the same.
What's my mistake?

Thanks.
Try to restore it as a different ID (e.g. 118 instead of 117)

Tried, but the error is the same. :-(

I also have tried to create the VM first and than make restore, but nothing changed.

Having the same, from an old 2.1-1 to 6.0-4.
Have 10 machines there, that I wanted to copy over via backup.
So started with a small openvpn-as machine, but same error as OP, and I also tried suggenstions here.

Made new vm and pointed to the (copied) disk, but vm says "not a bootable disk".

Also have seen:

- clicking "Show configuration" on the copied dump shows nothing, the local dumps of the v6 node DO show config.

The problem is the version of proxmox of backuped machine.

Until version 4.4 the VM is restored without problem, with the 5.4 version the error appears.

The solution is restore all machine in a 4.4 server, then make backup and restore in a new 5.4 (or 6.1) server.

Hi there,
Anyone has working solution for direct restore qemu/vm from old proxmox to new one... in my scenario proxmox 2.1 -> 5.3 ?
Backup is in tar.lzo file. Either qmrestore nor qmcreate from archive doesn't work.. error: VM is locked (create).
I have no extra machine with proxmox 4 to do "inter-migrate" and have to minimize downtime.
Is there any other solution?
What is a cause of that problem?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!