Rescue shell?

Bobbbb

Jul 13, 2018
Hi,
My system currently doesn't boot and I need some kind of access to a shell.

I tried proxmox iso with rescue option but that didn't work (can't remember the exact error but it has been reported before) .
If i try an ubuntu live iso i still can't seem to mount the ZFS folder.
I think my disk just got full and I need to delete some files.

thanks

Ok that works, easy, thanks
So I can just delete something from the subvols?

ahhh I need some help here...
Ok I restored a VM from backup, disk got full , proxmox doesn't boot.

I booted to the live environment , zpool import but not too sure what to do next....I can see only the LXC containers...
how can I see the vms?
Plan is to just delete it.

ok /devv/zvol/rool....ummm
but now what?
I suspect vm 113 is the one that i can delete....so how can I mount it and confirm?
also how do I delete it....

zfs list shows you the space you use and what you have available

NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT rpool/ROOT 16.1G 290G 192K none rpool/ROOT/bookworm 235M 290G 235M /mnt/ rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv 15.9G 290G 9.01G / rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv/opt 532M 290G 532M /opt rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv/srv 272K 290G 192K /srv rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv/usr 13.8M 290G 192K /usr rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv/usr/local 13.6M 290G 13.4M /usr/local rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_50zezv/var 4.94G 290G 192K /var

Do you use snapshots? You will neot gain free space if yo delete data but still have a snapshot of the data

Do zfs list -t snapshot to show them

To delete use zfs destroy like dignus said

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!