Replication less then one minute

freebee

May 8, 2020
Hi.
Have somewhere where I can manually edit the time to replicate?
In past versions, I use zfsnap to sync. I make a script that generates a snapshot and send it. Is a loop. No data loss in 3 years.
Now I use the proxmox cluster with replication, but with 1 minute I can have data loss.
How I can manually edit this time on the console?

that's currently not supported (the granularity is 1 minute).

also, just because you have a small replication interval/delta doesn't make the replication any less async in character. if you want sync replication, you need to use a technology that supports that in its architecture, like Ceph.

Above i shared my script in bash.
The copy key is because the other place is runing a proxmox (second) and IP is dynamic.
So, o connect, accept the new fingerprint and connect.
I test the connectio before run syncoid, this is to avoid the syncoid create more then one snapshot (sometimes he lots the hard drive, so this test avoid this sucessful).
So, i will try to adopt this script to execute via curl (api) this replication. If someone has the way i will test.

#!/bin/bash

# Don't forget to put StrictHostKeyChecking in /etc/ssh/ssh_config

FILE=/tmp/msg1.txt
REMOTE_POOL="DATA/vm-102-disk-0"
REMOTE_IP="xxx.ddns.net"
REMOTE_PORT="42126"
LOCAL_POOL="rpool/data/vm-102-disk-0"
WAIT_TIME="1"

while true
of
# If this file exists is to continue the execution.
# This is an easy way to control the execution of the script without taking it out of processing.
# Ex: before restarting vpn or internet, stop replication.
if [ -f "/root/activar_replicacao" ]; then

echo "Replication Active"
# IF you can connect to the destination ssh port, do the rest. If not, ignore the following lines and skip straight to count to start the script again.
if nc -zw3 $REMOTE_IP $REMOTE_PORT; then
echo "Connection successful. Testing ssh."
timeout 5 bash -c "ssh -q root@$REMOTE_IP -p $REMOTE_PORT"
ssh_test=$?
if [ $ssh_test = "124" ]; then
echo "Replicating on other place."
syncoid --sshport=$REMOTE_PORT --compress=lz4 $LOCAL_POOL root@$REMOTE_IP:$REMOTE_POOL
echo "Replication on $REMOTE_IP $REMOTE_POOL terminated."
else
echo "Copying the public key again."
ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub root@$REMOTE_IP -p $REMOTE_PORT
echo "Key copied."
fi
fi
# Wait time to repeat the loop
sleep ${WAITING_TIME}
fi
done

Does somebody know pvesr run --id id-jobid can use other socket for lock ?.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!