replace cluster

raqdedicados

Nov 26, 2008
HI there !

I need to replace a node coz a masive hardware failure, actually we have

aa99 first node
aa102 second added
aa10 third

I need to replace aa102 with a new one, can someone could explain me how to first dettach aa102 from the cluster and then when i have the new one add it with same ip

Thanks

unplug the dead hardware and make sure that this server is removed from the network forever. install proxmox ve on the new hardware, use the same name and IP, update to latest version.

then add this node to the cluster, using the --force flag. (see 'man pvecm')

unplug the dead hardware and make sure that this server is removed from the network forever. install proxmox ve on the new hardware, use the same name and IP, update to latest version.

then add this node to the cluster, using the --force flag. (see 'man pvecm')

we re using proxmox 2 we post it incorrectly on the 1.x forum sorry.

the commands are the same? how do we add the new cluster it to the others already running?

sorry i read the wiki but we re missing something and can t add it

thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!