Remount NFS/SMB shares?

Dunuin

Distinguished Member
Jun 30, 2020
Germany
Hi,

Some days ago my Zabbix alerted that one interface of my NAS got too much packets with errors. I later checked the Proxmox WebUI and all SMB/NFS shares got "status unknown" and weren't working. But meanwhile all NAS shares were working again and working fine. I needed to reboot my Proxmox server so the network shares are mounted again.

Is there a way to enable some kind of auto-mounting of network shares after connection errors?

hi,

if it's in your /etc/fstab you can just do mount -a

if not then you can use pvesm set <storage> --disable 1 to disable it and --disable 0 to enable it

Reactions: franko5
I have the same issue now after my NAS has been down for a while. I have NFS-shares point to it, but it wont connect. Im able to connect to a new share from the NAS with nfs. But I tried both your commands above oguz, but it wont connect. Any tips?

Code:
root@proxmox:/mnt/pve# showmount -e qnap
Export list for qnap:
/proxmox2  *
/proxmox   *
/Public    *

proxmox is the old one which dont re-connect. And proxmox2 is the new I test to create and it works.

Reactions: linkstat

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!