Remote desktop using a Vm Ip address?

Joseph Chrzempiec

Jun 9, 2016
Hello i have been trying to figure out how to give remote desktop to a Vm to my brother. The problem is the Ip address is not native to my network. And I really don't want someone not even family access to my local network. Is there a way to give remote desktop access without using something like teamviewer, tighvnc, or realvnc? The only problem is how do i portforward a ip address that is also not native to my network. Thank you for any information.

Joseph

hmm, I'm thinking...

You could create a VPN for this VM and give him access to the "private IP". See here for creating VPN in LXC container.

What would your brother need access to vm for?

I suppose the easiest way would be to isolate the VM to whatever extent you feel appropriate and then run Teamview as a service on the VM

hmm, I'm thinking...

You could create a VPN for this VM and give him access to the "private IP". See here for creating VPN in LXC container.

The only problem with creating a vpn is that I will need to open ports on it or paying for a outside vpn company. Sense there is no access to my network directly I can not see a way to port forwarding.

What would your brother need access to vm for?

I suppose the easiest way would be to isolate the VM to whatever extent you feel appropriate and then run Teamview as a service on the VM

The vm is already isolated. TeamViewer or real mc might be the way to go. I was setting him up a small gaming vm so when he is on the road he can still game. Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!