RDP to a Windows 10 VM (Cloudflare and Local)

PMoxL1

Aug 24, 2023
I’m really struggling with the steep Proxmox learning curve.

I have a vanilla Proxmox setup running really wel.

Containers’
1. Cloudflared 192.168.1.244
2. Nextcloud Turnkey 192.168.1.245

VM’s

1. Windows 10 Pro 192.168.1.251
2. Server 2019 Running a IIS web server.192.168.1.252

I am using a Cloudflare Zero Trust Tunnel to externally reach the Proxmox box and that works fine
A separate tunnel to reach the IIS on the WS2019 box, works fine

For all my effort I cannot connect locally or externally connect with RDP to w10 box, this includes from the WS2019 on the proxmox host and a physical windows 10 box sitting outside of Proxmox environment at 192.168.1.33

Nextcloud was visible externally for around 25 minutes the 502, I made no changes to any settings.

Im clearly missing something. Firewall settings? Config settings?

Really gratefu for any help.

Thanks

still struggling…. I have no issues with any other service, just RDP.
Any ideas?

For RDP, why not follow any of the tutorials showing how to setup cloudflared for this purpose within Windows10?

PVE should be irrelevant in the context of these tutorials. If you are still having trouble, perhaps ZeroTier would be a better solution, it's certainly less complicated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!