Question on using hook script for backups, and an idea.

nekatreven

Aug 31, 2010
Is there some location that I can place a hook-script with a certain name and it will get used automatically by a certain backup job? I'm asking because the Backup Scheduler in the webgui does not offer a box for the script option.

I have no issue if I have to turn off the schedules in the webgui and copy the cronjobs back in with the script option added...I'm just making sure that is what I need to do. It seems like script option and config backups on webgui are mutually exclusive.

---------------------

Regarding forum search: Forgive me if this is on the site somewhere and I've missed it, but I don't see a way to search for posts containing several words. The forum search seems to || my words rather than &&. It makes it harder to locate answers and might be contributing to people asking duplicate questions. To get around it I usually just go to google and limit the search to the forum. Is there a syntax for searching for posts with ALL of a list of words? Sorry again if this is posted somewhere and I missed it. I did look for it for a few minutes.

I have no issue if I have to turn off the schedules in the webgui and copy the cronjobs back in with the script option added...I'm just making sure that is what I need to do. It seems like script option and config backups on webgui are mutually exclusive.

You can add the 'script' option to the glocal vzdump configuration file '/etc/vzdump.conf'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!