qemu Guest Agent - wider support in proxmox

PSz

Feb 19, 2024
1. GA have very usefull function. Proxmox should use it: guest-ssh-get-authorized-keys, guest-ssh-add-authorized-keys, guest-set-user-password etc.

2. Button in WebUI for manual guest-fstrim action should be added.

3. Info about disks (similar to current network interfaces info)

3. We have good potential here for useful and quick-to-implement actions.

Years ago I also thought this would be a good idea, then I moved on to fully automate as much as possible and you get all the information also with your automation tool and are able do things with it. I don't miss the features of GA anymore.

ansible and other automations are better because they look from a broader perspective. But as a recovery and diagnostic tool, GA is very effective here.

GA can execute arbitrary commands with root/admin privileges.

But I agree with @PSz : for automations/infrastructure as code there are more adequate tools like ansible.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!