qdevice on Synology DS218? (no apt-get, no docker)

lutian

Feb 22, 2024
Hello there,

I'm pretty new here, but been playing with proxmox for 3 months now.
I have 2 nodes and want to give my NAS a more respectable life purpose -- quorum device to achieve HA.

Any directions on running a qdevice on my Synology?
There's little documentation online on how to run it in a restricted environment like mine.

I imagine this is the repo: https://github.com/corosync/corosync-qdevice
I'm thinking maybe I'd build this on another machine and carry over the binary? I managed to build it and instead of doing make install, I just tried to run it, but it failed. I'm sure I'm missing something, I'm not really familiar with building on linux outside the usual instructions a package maintainer gives (configure, make, make install).

I see ubuntu can install this "corosync-qdevice" directly, so maybe I could grab the binary from a reputable source?

My "python -mplatform" prints "Linux-4.4.302+-aarch64-with-glibc2.34".
I have python3, and can install nodejs and a few other things, but it's pretty limited, it doesn't allow vms or docker.

Any help is appreciated!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!