Pvestatd is consuming half the RAM

moulip

Mar 30, 2012
Hi,Yesterday I logged in my Proxmox Box and an Htop showed me that the RAM was quite full. After having sorted the processes, it appeared that pvestatd was occupying half the RAM.I have restarted the daemon, and the situation is back to normal. Question is, is it normal that pvestatd had such a high rate of ram occupation ?

No, this seem to be a bug. But so far I have never seen that here. Do you know a way to reproduce that?

Can you see a constant grow of RAM usage for pvestatd?
Not really. I have restarted it this morning, and since then it occupies 0,6% of RAM.It had been a long time since I logged in the box, indeed until one VM is failing I don't often visit the GUI, so I don't know in how many time It has grown.

our System has the same problem. The RAM usage of the pvestatd grows over time. System is up to date as far as i can tell (but it happend with an earlier release too)

It has been six days from now when I restarted the pvestatd daemon, and the RAM consumption has already grown.Indeed it is currently consuming 6,7%.I really think there is a memory leak.

I have the following readings of memory consumption on two different nodes:
- 7.1%
- 10.3%

Are there any rule of thump as to the amount of memory pvestatd should consume?

After six hours the figures are as follows:
- 7.3%
- 10.5%

The figures are only rising, and never dropping so it could indicate some kind of memory leak.

Ok. I have applied the patch on one node and will monitor the memory consumption. I assume after applying the patch the pvestatd daemon should be restarted?
After 5 hours of running the memory consumption has increased from 0.7% to 0.9% so the patch does not seem to have solved the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!