pveproxy keep restarting cause my server to freeze on proxmox

francabicon

Jan 11, 2024
The problem i have with this server is the hardware and the OS is running but after 2 days on 10/02/2023 it just crash already gain more times i could remember and it just freeze and doesn't run. i would have to manually power off the power the server itself for it to work again. (please note that this is not the first time i've encountered this issue)

I've tried, cooling down server, change fans, update operating system, update software, update bios, reset cmos, resinstall proxmox (8 times),change ram,increase wattage for the server change the operating system itself.nothing works.

specs :
huananzhi x79-dual 8D
256gb ram
patriot ssd P210 512gb 2pcs
Ironwolf 4tb hdd 2pcs
Toshiba N300 2pcs

Proxmox Version.
```
pve-kernel-6.2: 8.0.5
proxmox-kernel-6.5: 6.5.11-8
proxmox-kernel-6.5.11-8-pve-signed: 6.5.11-8
proxmox-kernel-6.2.16-20-pve: 6.2.16-20
proxmox-kernel-6.2: 6.2.16-20
```

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!