pve-upgrade-1.9-to-2.0 --purge and munin

mr.x

Feb 16, 2010
Hi Forum,

great software ! We used it since a few years and it's really impressiv ! Keep going with the good work !

I stumbled over the --purge option at the end of my migration from 1.9 to 2.0.
I run this installation from http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_1.9_to_2.0 without any issues.
But then I did the last step
Code:
./pve-upgrade-1.9-to-2.0 --purge

I just saw this flying by

Code:
Removing munin ...
Reloading web server config: apache2.
Purging configuration files for munin ...
The generated web site or accumulated data won't be removed.
dpkg: warning: while removing munin, directory '/var/cache/munin/www' not empty so not removed.
dpkg: warning: while removing munin, directory '/var/cache/munin' not empty so not removed.
Removing libhtml-template-perl ...
Removing libio-compress-base-perl ...
Removing libio-compress-zlib-perl ...
Removing munin-node ...
Stopping Munin-Node: done.
Purging configuration files for munin-node ...
dpkg: warning: while removing munin-node, directory '/var/lib/munin/plugin-state' not empty so not removed.
dpkg: warning: while removing munin-node, directory '/var/lib/munin' not empty so not removed.

But it was to late .-(
Right now the graphs inside of the new gui are gone.

Is there a way to create the settings for munin and proxmox 2.0 again?

Br
Mr.X

the docs are clear, --purge remove all packages which are not needed for Proxmox VE default.

so you need to install and configure these packages again.

Hi Tom,

the docs are clear, --purge remove all packages which are not needed for Proxmox VE default.

so you need to install and configure these packages again.

But a "dpkg-reconfigure munin" did it not.

Br
Mr.X

You need to install the package, as its removed.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

I did an mistake !
It's not munin what is generating the nice stats inside extjs... its rrdtools.
sorry for my mistake. I'll update the header as well.

But can some one show me the way how to set the right configs for rrdtools? Or were to find the settings?

Inside proxmox I can see the PNGs with the right time stamp and the axis but there are no lines inside. Looks to me like there is not the right input set.

Br
Mr.X

Hi Dietmar,

thanks for the link to the source code. May be it was a bit misleading. I meant the config file on the server itself.
I found the png on the server in this folder
/var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm

Capture.JPG

The GUI itself shows only this stats ...

Br
Mr.X

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!