PVE displays wrong amount of RAM on dashboard

dotmitsu

May 29, 2020
Hello. I read many threads in forum about this issue. But I can't understand one thing.
I use Proxmox 8.1.11 with last updates.

As I anderstood in dashboard proxmox must show used memmory as used memory + buff/cache.
1714000495224.png

But I see this in dashboard
1714000544855.png

Ubuntu 22.04 server. qemu-guest-agent installed.
Is it normal? And why I see incorrect RAM usage in dashboard? Is ubuntu use some another memory which can be fast cleared and proxmox shows it as used?

Are you talking ONLY about a VM? Yes, PVE sees the memory different than your guest and PVE is always correct in showing what real memory is used.

For you output of free, this is also always the case that you have less than the real amount of memory available. Just check on any other platform and you will see the same.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!