Pve and storage connection SFP+

vescovialex

Aug 22, 2020
www.auxbit.it
Hi,

I have a question about storage and proxmox, or better, I've never configure a server/storage, so I'm thinking of what is the best practice to do this.

I have this situation
3 pve
1 Nexenta storage

My answer is how to connect the 3 pve with the storage.

My idea was to put in every pve and the storage a SFP+ card and connect every pve direct to the storage.
But in this case the pve has to have an dedicated ip on vmbr with the SFP+ to communicate with the storage?

Or to attach all the connections to an SFP+ switch? In this case is also necessary an dedicated vmbr with IP on the SFP+?

I'm sorry for the "stupid" questions but I've thinking on how to pve and the storage communicate.

Thanks

I suppose you mean ethernet when you say SPF+? One way is to add a storage network (put in the card, give it an IP from the storage network) and plug everything in a switch, best have multiple cards and multiple switches for real HA.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!