PVE acting on its own

damjank

Apr 2, 2020
Hello all,

I have Lenovo P500 Workstation with PCie NVME, 96GB RAM and 24core Xeon. Now after certain update, and I cannot recall which, PVE is acting strange like it has its own mind. I receive certain containers shutdown, I notice something is not working and I go look and it is shutdown. No log in task history, it is just down, RAM utilization is out of this world, and let us not get into RAM cache Linux management discussion. And SWAP, regardless of the RAM usage or cache setting, it stays in mid 1-3GB and at certain moment it goes to 10-14GB. I cannot fault running VM/LXC, performance is top notch, it is just these strange behaviors, also, I am afraid putting this to work in company where we have 7 high powered servers, running VM that need to be up like, 99.99%. Any thoughts?

no, no out of memory messages, checked actual log and historical, for last month - no such messages

uptime is: 9 days 22hrs
If I reboot, all VMs and Containers come online without any issue, they also stop correctly except for FreeNAS as I do not have tools installed..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!