PVE 8.2.2: After Update and reboot NMI: PCI system error

Adi M

Mar 1, 2020
Running Proxmox PVE 8.2.2.
After Update and reboot I get error "NMI: PCI system error (SERR) for reason b1 on CPU 0." on server HP ProLiant DL380 G6.

What I see: the first 3 of 8 hdd is ZFS-Storage for operationsystem and only one or two led is active. Until grup all Leds ar active

In the post of https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/kernel-crashes-on-dl360.26066/ there is something like
Code:
intel_idle.max_cstate=0

I there a way to edit /etc/default/grub and update-grub by rescue access?

Reactions: MRoman
I got same problem on HP ProLiant DL380 G6 with proxmox 8.2.2.
Снимок экрана от 2024-05-03 15-46-56.png
On HP ProLiant DL380 G7, HP ProLiant DL380 G8 got ext4 file system problems, it could not be mounted as RW, only RO, I can't login via SSH, but it's ping.
Code:
EXT4-fs error (device dm-2) in ext4_mb_clear_bb:6534: error 95
EXT4-fs (dm-2): Remounting filesystem read-only
Снимок экрана от 2024-05-03 15-47-22.png

Workaround to make nodes alive is to choose another linux kernel like: 6.5.13-5-pve
It is seems to me 6.8.4-2-pve is broken for old hardware.
Снимок экрана от 2024-05-03 15-53-34.png

Last edited:
At the moment, I am not possible to change the kernel because the GRUB is not detecting usb keyboard :confused:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!