PVE 4 KVM live migration problem

got another issue, ha-related but LXC Container

Code:
Executing HA migrate for CT 100 to node pve44
unable to open file '/etc/pve/ha/crm_commands.tmp.8611' - No such file or directory
TASK ERROR: command 'ha-manager migrate ct:100 pve44' failed: exit code 2

have a nfs-volume mounted and the CT is running on this

FIXED BY UPDATING TO THE LATEST PACKAGES

I restarted pve-ha-lrm on all nodes. This problem where ha starts but nothing happens seems to be harder to reproduce but it is not fixed with new patched deb

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

got another issue, ha-related but LXC Container

Code:
Executing HA migrate for CT 100 to node pve44
unable to open file '/etc/pve/ha/crm_commands.tmp.8611' - No such file or directory
TASK ERROR: command 'ha-manager migrate ct:100 pve44' failed: exit code 2

have a nfs-volume mounted and the CT is running on this

FIXED BY UPDATING TO THE LATEST PACKAGES
MasterTH,

It seems to be related to problem in a different thread. Unless something was released overnight, your last statement is irrelevant. Please don't hijack the thread.
This is strange, it shouldn't happen. (because it don't check the vm config file on resume anymore)

do you tried to restart both hosts ? (or restart pvedaemon and ha-lrm on both nodes)

Spirit,

Forgot to mention. I stopped / started pvedaemon first and then restarted pve-ha-lrm on all nodes.

So no-resume issue doesn't happen anymore. But stuck after HA migrate starts with ha-manager showing vm on source node is still happening. I will run another batch of migrations to see if can reproduce it again for you.

I really had to check first :(. "FIXED BY UPDATING TO THE LATEST PACKAGES" was relevant at least for MasterTH. The new ha related debs were released last night. I just installed them and will report if I can reproduce the HA stuck issue. Interesting enough, these packages don't trigger any pve-ha-lrm or pvedaemon restarts during installation.

Interesting enough, these packages don't trigger any pve-ha-lrm or pvedaemon restarts during installation.

I confirm that it's correctly restart, you can check the /var/log/daemon.log

Code:
Oct 16 19:41:44 kvmtest1 systemd[1]: pve-ha-lrm.service stopping timed out. Terminating.
Oct 16 19:41:44 kvmtest1 pve-ha-lrm[4267]: received signal TERM
Oct 16 19:42:42 kvmtest1 pmxcfs[1947]: [dcdb] notice: data verification successful
Oct 16 19:43:20 kvmtest1 systemd[1]: pve-ha-lrm.service stop-sigterm timed out. Killing.
Oct 16 19:43:20 kvmtest1 systemd[1]: pve-ha-lrm.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Oct 16 19:43:20 kvmtest1 systemd[1]: Unit pve-ha-lrm.service entered failed state.
Oct 16 19:43:20 kvmtest1 watchdog-mux[2422]: client did not stop watchdog - disable watchdog updates
Oct 16 19:43:21 kvmtest1 pve-ha-lrm[8568]: starting server

PVE 4 KVM live migration problem [SOLVED]

Spirit,

Thank you for all your help. You were the only one who took my nagging seriously. So far I couldn't reproduce the problem I complained about.

Re: PVE 4 KVM live migration problem [SOLVED]

Spirit,

Thank you for all your help. You were the only one who took my nagging seriously.
No problem. I was glad to help.

[QUOTE ]So far I couldn't reproduce the problem I complained about.[/QUOTE]

Great ! I can't reproduce it anymore too .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!