PVE 2.3test - Unresolved issues

f.cuseo

Renowned Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello there.
I still have some problems with the last pvetest repositary:

- I am using a local mounted shared directory for ISO repositary: if I attach an iso file to a VM, it doesn't start because it can't access the file. No problem if I use a local storage.

- I can't live migrate VM's with SATA disk drives (on both ceph and local mounted shared directories); I have read that it is a QEMU 1.4 problem, but what will we do now with already created VM's ?

Thanks, Fabrizio

Hello there.
I still have some problems with the last pvetest repositary:

- I am using a local mounted shared directory for ISO repositary: if I attach an iso file to a VM, it doesn't start because it can't access the file. No problem if I use a local storage.

should work, looks like a configuration issue? details about your local shared dir? dig deeper.

- I can't live migrate VM's with SATA disk drives (on both ceph and local mounted shared directories); I have read that it is a QEMU 1.4 problem, but what will we do now with already created VM's ?

Thanks, Fabrizio

see https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=338

should work, looks like a configuration issue? details about your local shared dir? dig deeper.

On my hosts I have moosefs client, and this is a local-mounted moosefs filesystem. With this configuration all was ok before the last upgrade; I used those shared folders for images, iso and backups.

see https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=338

I see...
But not I can't migrate VM's anymore... what will you do now in proxmox ?

We do not use moosefs, so I cannot say anything about this. so far sata disks cannot be migrated, follow the bugreport.

We do not use moosefs, so I cannot say anything about this. so far sata disks cannot be migrated, follow the bugreport.

Moosefs has a client with fuse so i can have a local filesystem like nfs. It .
worked fine until this last upgrade

Moosefs has a client with fuse so i can have a local filesystem like nfs. It .
worked fine until this last upgrade

I think that I have found the problem. When the startup of the VM fails, I see in /var/log/daemon.log this command line:

-drive 'file=/mnt/mfsclusterISO/template/iso/Windows7.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide0,media=cdrom,aio=native,cache=none'

So, I tried to startup a VM with the disk image in the same MooseFS storage, and if I use cache=none the VM doesn't start with the same error; using cache=unsafe, it works.

So I think that something is changed in the Cd-Rom cache option in this last release.

Thanks, Fabrizio

PS: i just tried to edit manually the VM definition, and in the CD-Rom line I addedd a "cache=unsafe" option. And the VM started fine !
So, if it is not a problem, add a cache option to the CD-Rom definition.
Thanks again

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!