Proxmox wont boot converted VM

computermaster25

Feb 19, 2024
Hey guys! I transferred one of my major VMs from Hyper-V to Proxmox by using the Star Wind converter and everything looks good and I have it on the disk I want but when I try to boot it its saying it cant find the boot drive? Any ideas. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 13
I see in your second image (2.PNG) that the boot order option, shows "ide2,net0". Your VM disk is "scsi0". How do you expect it to boot?
Go into the "boot order" line and choose "edit" button above, and edit it accordingly.

I see in your second image (2.PNG) that the boot order option, shows "ide2,net0". Your VM disk is "scsi0". How do you expect it to boot?
Go into the "boot order" line and choose "edit" button above, and edit it accordingly.
Its currently stuck "Booting From Hard Disk"

Last edited:
I have no experience with Hyper-V migration to PVE with said StarWind conversion, however see the PVE docs concerning this procedure.

(I note there that : "StarWind V2V Converter is a graphical tool that can create .qcow2 disks from Hyper-V guests."
Yours seems to be in raw format).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!