Proxmox won't boot after unplugging usb-c hub.

xtv

Jan 18, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, I don't seem to find a more appropriate one.
I've turned my 8th gen i7 HP laptop to be my home server, as it's still working fine, but falling apart due to HPs rubbish build quality.

When I first installed proxmox, I had a Asix USB to GB Ethernet adaptador plugged in this laptop, and one of those USB type C hubs with a hdmi output port.

Proxmox detected the Ethernet interface just fine, and I was able to set it as the default network.
However, after unplugging the usb hub, Proxmox just won't boot up anymore.

There isn't anything special about the usb hub, and the laptop should work just fine without it.

I've removed the "quiet" boot param, and the attached is where it get stuck.
Before you ask me, that image wasn't manipulated. The boken lines is just the way they show on screen.

Any directions on sorting this will be appreciated.

The booting screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_183454 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230819_183454 (1).jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 8
Does the USB-C hub have any storage in it? Like, was a thumb drive or flash drive installed in it? Wondering if maybe one of the required partitions was inadvertently installed on external media...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!