Proxmox VM unable to boot

edicandera

Jul 24, 2023
Hello.

I'm a newbie using proxmox vm for during 5 months and today the vm is cannot boot.
it shows error message at the monitor.
I have checked the disk (ssd) is still on, not dying.proxmox.jpg

I attached the image for the error

I also have tried to run command 'fsck /dev/mapper/pve-root' and the result:
/dev/mapper/pve-root : *********** WARNING : Filesystem still has errors ******

Please help for any solution

Last edited:
Looks like the main filesystem has errors, and files might already be silently corrupted as well. Reinstall Proxmox on another drive and restore VMs from backup?

proxmox_2.jpg
Looks like the main filesystem has errors, and files might already be silently corrupted as well. Reinstall Proxmox on another drive and restore VMs from backup?
Ohh no.... :( another big issue that I haven't do the backup.
As you advise, I will try to reinstall the proxmox on the usb drive, is it possible?

which is it better to reinstall the proxmox on the usb drive or on hdd for temporarily solution,
while I'm claiming the ssd warranty to the seller?

Thanks in advance

Ohh no.... :( another big issue that I haven't do the backup.
As you advise, I will try to reinstall the proxmox on the usb drive, is it possible?

which is better to reinstall the proxmox on the usb drive or on hdd for temporarily solution,

Thanks in advance

which is it better to reinstall the proxmox on the usb drive or on hdd for temporarily solution,
Proxmox breaks USB drives after a while but a HDD drive is fine for Proxmox (but not great for VMs).
I don't know if your SSD is broken, it could also be something else like memory, motherboard, CPU... Or just an unlucky power interruption or hard shutdown and maybe the SDD is fine.

Proxmox breaks USB drives after a while but a HDD drive is fine for Proxmox (but not great for VMs).

I don't know if your SSD is broken, it could also be something else like memory, motherboard, CPU... Or just an unlucky power interruption or hard shutdown and maybe the SDD is fine.
okay, I will try to assume if my ssd is broken, then after I have finished installed promox on another hdd,
is it possible to copy or rescue or recovery the filesystems from ssd to hdd?

I need all the settings of filesystems in this ssd because I have setup 2 VM's machine for backup data at this ssd.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!