[SOLVED] Proxmox VM Port Forwarding with Spectrum Router

bradendev

Sep 30, 2022
Good morning!

I have a question that I've been scouring the internet for to no avail. I'm trying to port forward a minecraft server running on a VM on my Proxmox server in the Spectrum app. My physical Proxmox machine shows up in the Spectrum app as able to be port forwarded however there are a couple problems:
1) The Proxmox device doesn't have an IP associated with it according to the Spectrum app, so I'm not sure why that's the case, and
2) I can't seem to figure out how to get Spectrum to see the VM that I want so that I can port forward it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Figured out the issue...needed to port forward from: external request -> proxmox pve node -> minecraft node as well as provide gaps in the firewall to allow the traffic through.

How did you get your node to appear on your spectrum router? Mine won't even recognize the node.

I have found a solution. you will want to use an Ubuntu Server virtual machine. Any other distros WILL NOT work as per my experience using spectrum wifi with their horrible horrible app. hope i helped

I have found a solution. you will want to use an Ubuntu Server virtual machine. Any other distros WILL NOT work as per my experience using spectrum wifi with their horrible horrible app. hope i helped
I'm using an Ubuntu server instance on my server and it isn't working, which version did you use to get it to show up? I'm trying to get the pterodactyl panel and servers port forwarded to host minecraft for myself and some friends

I'm using an Ubuntu server instance on my server and it isn't working, which version did you use to get it to show up? I'm trying to get the pterodactyl panel and servers port forwarded to host minecraft for myself and some friends
sorry for the late reply. the current version used was version 22.04.3 using an assigned static ip on the virtual machine

sorry for the late reply. the current version used was version 22.04.3 using an assigned static ip on the virtual machine
It's all good, I didn't expect an answer at the hour I posted. It was already quite late by the time I sent my question. Thank you for the timely answer though, I'll get back to you on whether or not I can get it to work

It's all good, I didn't expect an answer at the hour I posted. It was already quite late by the time I sent my question. Thank you for the timely answer though, I'll get back to you on whether or not I can get it to work
please do lmk this would be nice if it fixes the issue

what model is your modem and router. mine was EN2251 modem FAST 2425 router not 120% sure . i just now bought a new router

what model is your modem and router. mine was EN2251 modem FAST 2425 router not 120% sure . i just now bought a new router
I've got the SAC2V1A, and I'm currently looking at getting a new one. I had DHCP on, but my VM is in the same version that yours is in. I'm seeing about setting a static IP on the VM right now to see if it can pick up on it

I've got the SAC2V1A, and I'm currently looking at getting a new one. I had DHCP on, but my VM is in the same version that yours is in. I'm seeing about setting a static IP on the VM right now to see if it can pick up on it
basically set any ip thats not used by dhcp atm for other machines

please do lmk this would be nice if it fixes the issue
Just got the IP changed, refreshed the devices list on my router and nothing changed. I had hope, but I guess I just need a new router to get it working. Unfortunate, but it is what it is

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!