Proxmox vgpu for both LXC and VM

KevinGoos

May 24, 2019
I have recently added a Nvidia 1080 inside a single node off my proxmox server.
The reason I want this, is because I am using a VM running bluestacks for a game (24/7) and it doesn't work without a GPU.

So I have it now running that the VM uses my gpu.
But now I want to also move my plex server over so I can improve the transcoding. And make use off the same GPU.
I was reading about vGPU but is it also possible to share a vGPU both to a windows VM as also a Debian LXC container?

For power usage putting two gpu's in a single server is not an option, so this would be the best solution.

NVidia only supports vGPU on their 'enterprise' hardware. Consumer/gaming cards do not support it:

https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/gpus-supported-by-vgpu.html

I guess your only option would be to pass through the GPU to the Windows VM and then run Plex alongside the Bluestacks emulator.

I have recently added a Nvidia 1080 inside a single node off my proxmox server.
The reason I want this, is because I am using a VM running bluestacks for a game (24/7) and it doesn't work without a GPU.

So I have it now running that the VM uses my gpu.
But now I want to also move my plex server over so I can improve the transcoding. And make use off the same GPU.
I was reading about vGPU but is it also possible to share a vGPU both to a windows VM as also a Debian LXC container?

For power usage putting two gpu's in a single server is not an option, so this would be the best solution.
Can you please share the VM configuration which you running bluestacks on? I have tried many methods to get bluestacks work, but it is always extremely slow.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!