Proxmox VE no longer starts.

NikJuer

Oct 3, 2023
Moin

I have problems with my Proxmox installation I have installed Proxmox on my Supermicro x10dri-t. I was able to let it run normally until I had to change the BIOS battery and stupidly turned off the server. After that, of course, everything was adjusted and the former raid 1 was destroyed, which was set up as a ProxBoot. It wasn't nice, but I then reinstalled Proxmox and thought it was all good. Now I have the problem as long as I do not restart the server after the installation he starts it I restart it which lands in a boot loop in which it always restarts after creating the Ramdisk. Sometimes the server then starts again after a few attempts and sometimes not. Then I'll start the installation all over again.

Maybe someone can help me. I think one of the bios settings is not correct. I can't imagine anything else. I have already tried it without the RAID 1, so I get the same error.

Many thanks to everyone who helps me.

German:

Moin
Ich habe mit meiner Proxmox Installation Probleme ich habe Proxmox auf meinem Supermicro x10dri-t installiert. Ich konnte es normal laufenlassen bis ich die BIOS Batterie wechseln musste und habe dummer Weise dabei den Server ausgemacht. Danach war natürlich alles verstellt und das ehemalige raid 1 zerstört welches als ProxBoot eingerichtet war. War nicht schön aber ich habe dann Proxmox neu installiert und dachte es wäre alles gut. Jetzt habe ich das Problem solange ich nach der Installation den Server nicht neu startet geht er starte ich ihn neu landet der in einer Bootschleife in der er immer nach dem Ramdisk erstellen neu startet. Manchmal startet der Server dann nach einigen Versuchen wieder und teilweise eben nicht. Dann fange ich mit der Installation wieder von vorne an.
Eventuell kann mir einer ja helfen. Ich denke das eine der bios Einstellungen nicht stimmt. Was anderes kann ich mir nicht vorstellen. Ich habe es auch schon ohne das RAID 1 probiert da bekomme ich den selben Fehler.

Besten Dank an jeden der mir Hilft.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!