Proxmox VE 7.4 cannot be installed

Max_zocker

Apr 8, 2023
Hello, I have tried several times to install Proxmox VE 7.4 but when I press install what you see in the picture is what you see and then comes a black screen I waited about 30 minutes and nothing happens.Unbenannt.PNG

then the error comes: end Kernel panic - not syncing: stack-protector: Kernel stack is corrupted in: acpi_ut_track_stack_ptr+0x58/0x5e ]--- Proxmox 7.3

So do the following:
1. Boot Debian ISO
2. Choose entry "Help" from the menu
3. At the Prompt try different option to the command "install" like: install acpi=off noapic nolapic

At first i would try: install acpi=off [enter]

Have you tried testing the memory of the PC? [Bottom option]
Just to rule it out :)
pve-grub-menu.png

Nuke Bloodaxe Test Memory doesn't exist, do I need version 6.0 for it? The installation worked before, but now it doesn't work anymore

Perhaps we need to get back to basics; what is the hardware you are installing to? [I've had bad things involving hardware drivers before, and had to tell the kernel to use fbdev in order to see things, but that was with SuSE TumbleWeed on some very old rack servers.]

Perhaps we need to get back to basics; what is the hardware you are installing to? [I've had bad things involving hardware drivers before, and had to tell the kernel to use fbdev in order to see things, but that was with SuSE TumbleWeed on some very old rack servers.]
I’m running a Dell R720 512GB of RAM a couple of 2690 v2’s and installed proxmox on a raid 1 of two SSDs, can’t remember the models of those.

Okay, how about this, you can edit the Install Proxmox grub line (e to edit) and add the following kernel parameter: nomodeset

In the below example, I pressed e with the install line highlighted. I have typed nomodeset on the line called linux. It will then boot if I press F10.
1682080023014.png

Last edited:
I reset my bios and now everything works, thanks for your help!

Kind regards Max
Ahhh, now that's one I'll file away in the "check this" list. By the way, have you checked if the BIOS battery is providing enough volts? Just in case fluxing power from it causes the BIOS settings to silently corrupt over time?
@ccigas That BIOS reset might be worth investigating too, but after you note down your settings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!