Proxmox VE 2.0 documentation

orenyny

Apr 1, 2012
Hello,

I wonder if there is a summary or quick start for Proxmox 2.0.
I looked at the documentation but could not find something that will guide you after the installation.

It seems that it is expected that the UI will explain itself, and it does. But it is not enough.

I am getting into a lot of dead ends that make me uncertain if I missed a previous step.
Some of the issues I had:
  • Can't create a CT (no storage to select?)
  • Can't crate a VM (no node to select?).
  • Can't login with a PVE account I created, only works with PAM.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

I did both, thanks.
I was looking for something more comprehensive.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
there is something wrong on your basic setup, e.g. creation of container or VM´s has to work out of the box.

dig deeper, check your installation process. if you have specific questions, just search the forum. if you do not find an answer, open a new thread.

there is something wrong on your basic setup, e.g. creation of container or VM´s has to work out of the box.

dig deeper, check your installation process. if you have specific questions, just search the forum. if you do not find an answer, open a new thread.

Well, that is the reason that I feel I may be missing something.
The installation procedure is very simple, maybe too simple. I did not see any way to vary from the standard install.

I guess I will just post specific questions and eventually I will get the whole picture corrected.

Thanks.

Hello,

In the services tab, I see two services that are stopped.
CMan and RGManager. If I try to start them they will not start.
I think it has been the same since install.
Is this the way it should be?

Thanks,

Oren

if you do not run a cluster these services are not needed. if you create a cluster, cman starts. if you use HA, rgmanager is needed.

creating the cluster and the setup of HA is explained in the wiki docs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!