Proxmox SSL Error

SpaceNaut

Oct 8, 2015
Hello,

I've installed a new proxmox instance with the new 4.x Version.
I want to login in the interface on my IPv4 Adress and it shows me a SSL Error in Firefox. If I go on my hostname it shows me the same error.
I also tried to install my own official wildcard ssl certificate and it give me the same error.

How can I handle this?

I tried everything, and yes I restarted the daemon and pveproxy.

Hello,

I've installed a new proxmox instance with the new 4.x Version.
I want to login in the interface on my IPv4 Adress and it shows me a SSL Error in Firefox. If I go on my hostname it shows me the same error.
I also tried to install my own official wildcard ssl certificate and it give me the same error.

How can I handle this?

I tried everything, and yes I restarted the daemon and pveproxy.

Just accept the untrusted certificate and you should be able to move forward.

Sorry, but I got this error:

rx record too long

I searched this forum and found nothing...

I use firefox and thats the only webbrowser what I can use on Ubuntu (Chrome is crashing...).
And I want to update all of my other Proxmox server where clients accessing the control panel via a nginx proxy...

I tried this:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPSCertificateConfiguration

I recall there being issues with the GUI and firefix within ubuntu but don't recall all of the details (Not sure if its the same as what you are seeing).

Yeah, but on the last version it worked. And this is super shitty...

Okay, if this could help:

My SSL: *.kai.cool - Wildcard SSL
My Hostname: vhost.kai.cool
/etc/hosts:
# nameserver config
# IPv4
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
144.76.39.13 vhost.kai.cool vhost
#
# IPv6
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

And what is wrong? I tried a clean install and the same problem on another machine.

Last edited:
Yeah, but on the last version it worked. And this is super shitty...

Not sure, I would want to test with another browser just to rule out any odd issues. Other than that, not sure. Lots of reports of it being a mis-configuration on the server but nothing specific for proxmox. Might be best to let a dev comment, or file a bugzilla.

okay, i've updated my firefox from ESR to the newest stable version and now it's working. Sorry for being angry :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!