Proxmox server stops frequently - Solved

warner_k

Jul 9, 2022
Netherlands
I bought new hardware (yes from China) withan Intel N100 16G DDR5 and a 256G nvme. I added a 1T hd for storage.
The problem is the machine halts sometimes after 3 days, sometimes after 4 hours. In the Syslog there is completely no information about the crash.
Just the last information that worked. I installed lm-sensors to see if it was a temp problem but the temps are far below critical.
Is there a way I can get more information about the problem or should I try to swap for instance the nvme disk (I don't have a spare) or the memory?
EDIT: I started the memtest86 as a first step....

Last edited:
In the Syslog there is completely no information about the crash.
If the crash occurs, it will often no longer log anything, but there may be signs that show you the problem. It's best not to interpret and rule it out yourself, but to add it here and let other people interpret it themselves - sometimes you overlook something.

I switched back to the old system as this one is not fit for use. It even crashes when you are in the bios.
So it's no fault of Proxmox, seems to be a cpu problem. I'm now trying to get it replaced, it's only a month old and the problems started immediately.
Edit:In the bios you sometimes get horizontal colored lines (color snow) across your screen. But it had passed memtest86+ 2 passes in 1 3/4 hour..
WARRENTY!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!