Proxmox -server HP ML110 ProLiant Gen9

Odiris

Aug 6, 2015
Panama
I want Proxmox in the sever HP, but my questions is,

version, Proxmox 4.3
I partition the HDD in 1T with HP default storage console. In RAID mode, but when installing Proxmox see the Full disk 2T. Try to create a new space during installation, but not allow it.

or whether Proxmox supports RAID?

sorry for my english xD

Attachments

• 20161007_163551.jpg
    20161007_163551.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20161007_165756.jpg
    20161007_165756.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 33
Yes Proxmox supports Raid. Hardwareraid and ZFS Raid. But no Fakeraid. We have also HP for customer, and build for a time also an HPML110, but there is no HWraid build in as default. You must order an real HWcontroller too. That what you are using is an fakeraid. https://access.redhat.com/articles/118133

You can too PVE with ZFS too. But you need mind. 32GB of RAM (16GB are minimum for ZFS only for the filesystem). And you must set the SATAcontroler to AHCI.

But becareful: ZFS is not supportet from HP on this machine. They have special solarisZFS machines. For ZFS we use alway DELL Servers.

I hope I could help you a little

On new HP-Servers like ML350G10 it is possible to set the Raidcontroller to HBAmode.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!