Proxmox Realms Renaming

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
I used to be able to rename the proxmox realms through some of the static files (IE change proxmox ve auth to "Clients") but this is no longer possible? are the realms stored elsewhere now?

That is currently hard-code into PVE::Auth::plugin.

Did that change in 3.1? In 3.0 I could change it

I looked at per5/ the auth.pm file - doesn't seem like I can change it

Are you saying no way to change this? Why did this change? was much more convenient before ... I feel like 3.1 changed lots of things for no apparent reason

I am not aware of any change related to that.

Where are the files?

I edited

$cfg->{ids}->{pve} = {
type => 'pve',
comment => "Proxmox VE authentication server",
};

$cfg->{ids}->{pam} = {
type => 'pam',
plugin => 'PVE::Auth::pAM',
comment => "Linux PAM standard authentication",
};

But it used to change ... not anymore

Last edited:
The files are still at the same location as in 3.0 - nothing changed here.

Seriously strange. I purchased the subscription keys FYI. Happy to support - just not a huge fan of yearly payment. The reason I don't like annual payment is for cash flow management. If we scale up servers / down - hard to manage fixed costs

Anyway - I changed the code above that I pasted but the realms don't change ....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!