Proxmox OpenVZ container live migration

marcap

Apr 5, 2011
Hi there,

I started a live migration of one openVZ container to another host within my proxmox ve cluster (3 Servers). But unfortunately the migration process stucks since more than two hours... During one of the first steps the phase "syncing private" was really good checkable. The 47GB data from the container were copied via ssh successfull. But now the migration stucks since two hours at the step "Live migrating container... ".

Any idea what to do? How can I check if the migration process is still not dead?

At the "old" Server I can see two processes at "top" which are consuming a lot of ressources:
Code:
25033 48        20   0  447m  38m 6636 R  100  0.3  70:47.96 httpd                                                                                           
26522 root      20   0 10160  484  344 R  100  0.0  70:22.28 vzctl

Code:
/usr/bin/ssh -t -t -n -o BatchMode=yes 212.224.86.12 /usr/sbin/vzmigrate --online 188.94.98.67 300
Starting online migration of CT 300 to 188.94.98.67 
Preparing remote node 
Initializing remote quota 
Syncing private 
Live migrating container...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Hi,
Just one more thing. Is it maybe a problem that the old IP-Adress of the openVZ Container is not usable at the new proxmox server anymore (other datacenter)?
Best regards!

Some more INFO:
OLD server:
Code:
vzlist -a 
     CTID      NPROC STATUS    IP_ADDR         HOSTNAME
       300         80 running   <ip>            web

NEW server:
Code:
vzlist -a
      CTID      NPROC STATUS    IP_ADDR         HOSTNAME
       300          - stopped   <ip>             web

Last edited:
Hi there,

I think this thread can be closed. I'm sure I just ran into trouble because between the nodes were no shared disk and I tried to do an online migration?

Best regards,
Markus

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!