Proxmox on VirtualBox: No Support for hardware-accelerated KVM virtualization detected.

irontests

Jan 28, 2024
Hi guys,

I managed to get Proxmox set up on my VirtualBox, but when I get to the second screen of the installer, I am greeted with this error message. I am not sure what to do, as I would not be able to launch Proxmox in VirtualBox if I did not have SVM enabled in bios, so I am at a complete loss. I can get through the error message and keep installing, but once the install is complete, it blacks out and takes me back to the Graphical Install or Terminal Install. Please help. If it helps, my processor is a Ryzen 7 5800x.

1706582487249.png

1706582758536.png

I tried to input the command and upon looking I do not have the directory kvm_amd. What now? The wiki page doesn't help with that issue.1706584453403.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!