Proxmox-NTP with alternative NTP-Server

hoppel118

Apr 5, 2012
hi,

in my network I have my own ntp-server. So I want proxmox to take the time from there. But how is it possible?

In the web-ui it is only possible to choose from the dropdown-menu. And if I add my ntp-server-ip to /etc/ntp.conf, restart the daemon I still see the time-zone "Europe/Berlin" in the web-ui.

What can I do? How do I check from where the proxmox ntp-client took the time?

-------------

EDIT: Ok, if I check with "ntpq -p" on the proxmox server I see the IP from my ntp-server. I commented out the pool.ntp.org IPs in /etc/ntp.conf. So, now it works.

But are there plans to enable configuring alternative NTP-Server-IPs from the web-ui?

regards

Hoppel

Last edited:
Why do you want the whole config on the webinterface.
For most things the command line is the best thing.
I think also that ntp and other services are part of debian and not of proxmox.
If you want to set an other timezone do dpkg-reconfigure tzdata thats all. The ntp server does not manage the timezone.

I want to add the ip of my own ntp server over the web-ui, not more only this. The rest is as it should! ;)

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Is there a NTP client in the Proxmox 4.2 ISO and which one ? I can see in the PVE log that there's a synchronization attempt to debian.pool.ntp.org but I can't find the config file. Any ideas ? Maybe we need to install openntpd or ntp package in order to use our own NTP server ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!