Proxmox module for WHMCS

wahmed

Famous Member
Oct 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
www.symmcom.com
I use Proxmox WHMCS module from modulesgarden.com for our cloud clients. It has a robust interface to handle just about any aspect of a VM. It has both VNC and Spice console features to open a VM console from same interface. It does not support noVNC console yet so i contacted them to know if it possible. Following is the reply i got from their support:
Code:
When it comes to noVNC console, Proxmox websockets requires cookie "PVEAuthCookie" and that is not possible to send it. 
Proxmox API have to be updated to make such an option possible.

I am not a programmer but does it make sense to anybody? Is it their limitation or Proxmox API?

Right we are using Spice console as VNC console started to give TLS handshake error after we got wildcard SSL. Besides noVNC seems so much faster and hassle free.

This is strange, it's not to difficult to generate the cookie. Maybe the problem is cross-domain cookie ? (if whcms is on another domain)
Maybe can you ask them to contact proxmox dev through pve-devel mailing list ?

Apparently they are very busy at this moment to participate in pve developer mailing list. But they suggested the following:

Code:
Could you please let them know to turn off authorization for "PVEAuthCookie" for these URL`s:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia]wss://nodeIP:8006/api2/json/nodes/nodeName/qemu/VMID/vncwebsocket?port=5900&vncticket=PVEVNC-TicketID[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia]and:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia]wss://nodeIP:8006/api2/json/nodes/nodeName/openvz/VMID/vncwebsocket?port=5900&vncticket=PVEVNC-TicketID

Not sure what this means.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!