Proxmox Data Center VM Exchange?

A

Acorp

This isn't an, "Installation and Configuration" question, but not sure where else to post it. If this post is WILDLY out of line, feel free to delete it, or if I've missed a more appropriate place to post it, please move it.

I am looking for someone who is running Proxmox on a server in a Data Center to do a VM exchange with. I have, "excess" capacity on a dual quad-core AMD, 48GB RAM, 2TB HD Proxmox VE 1.8 server on a 1Gbps port at Continuum Data Center outside of Chicago, and would like to exchange a VM on a similar machine (for server hot backup) with someone else at another top tier Data Center (hopefully far away from Chicago) who understands the limitation/benefits of Proxmox.

I'd be looking at exchanging/providing something similar to this:
CentOS 5 64-bit
2GB RAM
200GB HD
250Mb BW/Month
1Gbps Port Speed
5 IP Addresses

Obviously there would be ZERO VM management, and NO changes made (or access to) the host Proxmox system on either side, just SSH or whatever access to the VM. I plan on rsync-ing (minimal) changes from my main server to the backup server on an hourly basis, but other than that and possibly secondary DNS duties, there would normally be no additional network traffic; I anticipate little impact on the Proxmox server from these mostly idle VM's, I'm just looking to provide (reciprocal) disaster continuity via DNS failover for my websites and clients in case of a total blowup at the DC.

If anyone has the ability and desire to do this exchange, please let me know via PM (does this forum do that?) or by reply to this posting.

Thanks!

- Acorp
www.acorp.net

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!