Proxmox config files?

Alex5154

May 18, 2015
Hello.

Where are the config files for the virtual machines on Proxmox VE 3.4? I cant find any in /etc/pve

Hi,
look into /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/qemu-server/ for VMs and /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/openvz/ for Containers (in 3.4 in 4.0 it's the lxc folder).
Change <nodename> to the respective node name.

Note also that we have a symlink where /etc/pve/qemu-server/ points at the local nodes qemu-server folder.

I cant find any files, im currently in rescue mod and mounted my old drive to get only the important images from it.

I cant find any files, im currently in rescue mod and mounted my old drive to get only the important images from it.

That would be a good thing to mention if asking such questions, makes helping you easier. :)

The cluster file system is not mounted and thus you do not see any config files.

Try to mount it with:
Code:
pmxcfs -l

Which mounts it in local mode, additional info can be found here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_Cluster_file_system_(pmxcfs)#Recovery

Else backup /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db and maybe also /var/lib/pve-cluster/backup/* that is the database were the configs reside.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!