Proxmox Cluster gone wrong

compiz

Dec 29, 2022
Hello everybody :)
I have a proxmox server in Finland as my main production server and one local at home on an intel nuc.
Both are running latest version and kernel 6.2. Recently at home I got FTTH connection 1000/100 and I thought of making them a cluster...wish I didn't had this idea!
At first I have tried via the GUI but because of 2FA on root account, I was getting an error and related to 2FA and couldn't complete.
So I went via terminal ...and it connected!
But the moment it connected and started moving vm/storages etc, I have lost the local server, which would be fine cause I would normally use it via the main server which is also the cluster main.
But now I am getting error 500 no matter what I do on the main server as well!
Example of error: "hostname lookup 'pve' failed - failed to get address info for: pve: Name or service not known (500)" this is when i go to check my home's proxmox.
And ok at home I can format and re-install at any time, I don't mind it. All vm are backed up in synology and I can have everything running under 30'.
The main server is my issue, it has stopped doing backups, it doesn't allow me to create new vms or lxc
Error that I get when making a new VM on the main server"cluster not ready - no quorum? (500)".

Is there any way to undo the clustering or do I have format it and reinstall it there as well?
I wouldn't mind to format and install it, I would like to have the ability to take a fresh backup before I do format and reinstall, but I can't, I'm always getting the "no quorum? (500) error no matter what action I do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I login to the main server via terminal and i give "pvecm nodes" but I get in return:
Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
1 1 main (local)

With "pvecm status" i get:

Cluster information
-------------------
Name: MyCluster
Config Version: 2
Transport: knet
Secure auth: on

Quorum information
------------------
Date: Tue Jun 13 17:00:16 2023
Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum
Nodes: 1
Node ID: 0x00000001
Ring ID: 1.14
Quorate: No

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes: 2
Highest expected: 2
Total votes: 1
Quorum: 2 Activity blocked
Flags:

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
0x00000001 1 90.119.21.112 (local)

But I have run most of the instructions after those 2 and it seems that now it is working, it has started taking backups.
Just in proxmox GUI I still see on the bottom left the name of my home's prox.
And with the 2 first commands i didn't see it listed there, Can I remove it somehow?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!